Extends Distributions.jl to
- numerically estimate moments and mode for distributions without analytical formulas for those, i.e. logitnormal distribution
- allow fitting a distribution to a given set of aggregate statistics.
- to specified moments
- to mean and upper quantile point
- to mode and upper quantile point
- to median and upper quantile point
- to lower and upper quantiles, i.e confidence range
This can also be used to approximate one distribution via a different distribution by matching its moments.
User needs to explicitly using Optim.jl for DitributionFits.jl to work properly:
using DistributionFits, Optim
Currently, support for the following distributios are implemented:
- Weibull (only fitting to two quantiles)
- Gamma (only fitting to two quantiles)